It is a very fast hydrating fine mesh guar gum that yields very high viscosity above 8000 cps in 1% concentration after two hours. It is extensively used for oil drilling, explosives and other industrial applications where quick hydration and immediate high terminal viscosity is needed. The product is suitable for all types of water based drilling fluids. Oil and gas, the two most important pillars of modern industry and our way of life, have to be extracted from deep in the earth. Supragel-800 plays an important part in drilling. It controls the rheology of the drilling fluid, giving it excellent flow properties even under severe conditions. It also serves as a shale inhibitor, fluid loss reducer, and drill bit lubricant and solids carrier
- It is soluble in hot and cold water but insoluble in most organic solvents.
- It has strong hydrogen bonding properties.
- It has excellent thickening, emulsion, stabilizing and film forming properties
- It has excellent stability to control theology by water phase management.
- The viscosity of its solution increases gradually with increasing concentration of guar gum in water.
- Guar gum is compatible with a variety of inorganic and organic substances including certain dyes and various constituents of food.
- At very low concentration, guar gum has excellent settling (flocculation) properties and it acts as a filter aid.